[PLUG] Resolved: Can't Send with KMail

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Tue May 17 03:11:08 UTC 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 6:38 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Monday May 16 2005 3:04 pm, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> > On Monday 16 May 2005 2:23 pm, Tony Schlemmer wrote:
> > > Comcast even includes steps for configuring KMail in their FAQ:
<...>
> > Wow! I'm surprised. I always got the feeling that if you didn't use
> > Winders, they couldn't help you.
<...>
> I don't see where people get off that the cable company has that bad
> of tech support.

I wasn't thinking of the staff but of the stated policy of several years ago
when I first signed up for the service, and of not as many years ago when I
first connected with a Linux machine.

I haven't had to work with the Comcast staff too often; things work well
nearly all the time, and the problems I've had are rarely the service. I did
have occassion to talk to them a few weeks ago when they were having DNS
server trouble (I think that's what it was). I got a guy who explained the
problem in moderately technical terms, and my responses probably indicated
that I understood him. It was a fairly short conversation, but it was
informative -- there was a problem that they were working hard to resolve,
and there wasn't anything else that could be done. I was satisfied, and the
service was restored within an hour or so. The kind of equipment I have was
never an issue, and never discussed, so I have had no direct experience with
their current policy towards Linux.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/