[PLUG] Weird Mailman Problems

R Haack gluebert at comcast.net
Tue May 17 19:12:29 UTC 2005

I posted this to the Mailman list but thought I would post it here as
well to see if any of you had any ideas about what's going on with my
Mailman setup.

I'm having some strange problems with Mailman and I can't seem to find
the answers in the FAQ or previous postings.

1) First off I have a user that sent a message to four of our lists.
When I reviewed the logs her message only went to 3 of the 4 lists.  The
first thing I done and redone is check this users permissions and they
are correct.  I'm using the patch to allow us to create a list of all
members that can post to a list and she is a member of this list.

2) The second odd thing that is happening is that I seem to have to
start and stop mailman multiple times a day to get it to send messages.
What makes this one odd is sometimes a message will come in and go out
without a problem.  Other times it just gets stuck and the only way to
make it go is to stop mailman, clean up the locks, and start mailman.
I've looked at the contents of the lock files and find nothing unusual.
I've check that the qrunners and they seem to be running as expected.

I'm running Mailman 2.1.5 with Postfix and Cyrus on Fedora Core 2.

Any ideas/suggestions?  Any info from any of these files that might help
diagnose what's going on here?

TIA

--
Robert Haack
Programmer Analyst
haack at nclack.k12.or.us

--
First things first! But not necessarily in that order.