[PLUG] Using K3b to Kreate Koasters

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu May 19 15:31:30 UTC 2005

On 19 May 2005, at 7:53, Russ Johnson wrote:

> >Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-DVD.x86_64.iso
> >Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-DVD.x86_64.md5.asc
> >Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-DVD.x86_64.sha1.asc

> You need to "Burn image to disk".
>
> This is under the "Tools>DVD>Burn Image" menu option. When you open
> that, you then select the iso file, and burn only that image. The
> other two files are not part of the iso, they are verification files.

OK, I tried that. I have the ISO file above in the Burn ISO9660
Image window, in the Image to Burn box. But down below it says
No Image File Selected and the Start button is grayed out.

Previously I used Nautilus to do something that made an ISO
image on disk, which I thought included all three files. When I put
this image in the Image to Burn box it shows down below a filesize
of 366 Kb and an Md5 Sum, among other things. The Start button
is enabled. But when I click start it appears to burn it to DVD, but
when it is done all that is on the DVD are the two small files. The
ISO that I made on disk with Nautilus is 366 Kb. And I don't
remember how I made it, but it must have been wrong.

Part of what I don't understand is why the file I downloaded from
Mandriva Club is actually three files, one of which is an ISO that
doesn't include the data necessary to burn it to DVD as an image.

Still confused :(