[PLUG] Re: Greylisting...

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Fri May 20 18:15:38 UTC 2005

Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 22:51 -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
>
>>So I see greylisting has been implemented on the plug server.  How long
>>ago was it put in place and how's it working to keep down spam?  :-)
>

> Months ago, ever since it moved from Drizzle to my server.  It works
> really well; I get only about 20 or so per day in the junk trap and
> probably half of those are viruses.

Do hosts lose their status after a set amount of time, then?  I sent a
message to the list last night but noticed it didn't appear after five
minutes or so.. logged in to my mail relay and saw the greylisting message.

It took longer than 300 seconds to retry again, but that's a local issue
unrelated to greylisting... but I thought it odd I made it on the
greylist if greylisting has been implemented for so long.

Rob