[PLUG] AWStats from fedora.us -- security bug

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon May 23 05:33:04 UTC 2005

If you have awstats installed on any machine connected to the net, you
want to make sure you have the most up to date version.  If you have
installed the version from fedora.us, you need to upgrade to the real
current version ASAP.

Awstats has a remote program execution vulnerability.  The current
stable version is 6.4. You want to make sure you have at least that
version.

The bug is actively being exploited on the net.  I know. I just got hit
with it.

--
"If any sign of pleasure is exhibited,
 report to me and it will be prohibited.