[PLUG] AWStats from fedora.us -- security bug

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed May 25 22:14:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 07:48 -0700, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>
> >The bug is actively being exploited on the net.  I know. I just got hit
> >with it.
> >

> Yes it is... badly... I believe this is how "they" compromised my
> webserver...
>
> I hate it when that happens...

I have been trying to get the fedora.us people to update the package.
There are people who keep saying "just upgrade to FC3" instead of
patching the older archive.  It is starting to piss me off.  (The
machine I have on FC1 will take some time to upgrade.  I don't have the
time at the moment.)

--
"If any sign of pleasure is exhibited,
 report to me and it will be prohibited.