[PLUG] Digital Signal Processing?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed May 25 22:26:23 UTC 2005

I am trying to figure out how to apply a Hamming (or Kaiser or various
alternative) window to a time-domain sample prior to an FFT in order
to more accurate characterize amplitude of an embedded signal.  I
don't actually care _that much_ about the frequency, but I care a lot
about the amplitude.  The literature I've found so far is a few steps
over my head at the moment and I don't have the time to climb that
twisting staircase of understanding now.  Can anyone point me at a
practical treatment of how to apply these windows to data?

seniorr at aracnet.com