[PLUG] It was not my destiny to own a Compaq notebook with Linux

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu May 26 14:35:05 UTC 2005

I returned the R4000 after giving up trying to get the video right. And
simultaneously ordered an R3470. That was Wednesday. Later that day I
got an e-mail from hpshopping.com that my order had been selected for
random anti-credit card fraud scrutiny. It seems they called me and I
wasn't home so I didn't answer the phone, which they thought was
suspicious. This morning I finally got it straightened out and they went
ahead to process the order. And then they told me they were out of stock
of the R3470 and would never have any more, as it is discontinued. And
they have no other R3000 series notebooks with 1 Gb RAM. The only way I
can get a full Gb of RAM with an Athlon-64 is to buy an R4000, which can
be customized.

Considering what I went through with the R4000 and now this, I can only
conclude that I was not meant to own an Athlon-64 notebook with Linux.
<sigh>