[PLUG] AWStats from fedora.us -- security bug

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri May 27 00:04:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Alan wrote:

> I have been trying to get the fedora.us people to update the package.
> There are people who keep saying "just upgrade to FC3" instead of
> patching the older archive.  It is starting to piss me off.  (The
> machine I have on FC1 will take some time to upgrade.  I don't have the
> time at the moment.)

I just went to the AWStats site and downloaded the rpm.  Since it was a
noarch I had no problems installing it on RHL 9 system.  Actaully it was a
Vserver so I installed it on all the web sites there.

I have alos seen several postings ( which escape me now ) that recommend
_not_ using fedora.us because of the issue you state above and others.

I have nearly all my Fedora Core systems pointed at dries' and/or dag's
repositories and have had far fewer problems since going that route.  In
fact ; a quick peek shows AWStats 6.4-1.2 at dags
(http://dag.wieers.com/packages/awstats/) right now and place March 8th.

Rod