[PLUG] Re: More Hewlett-Packard Weirditude

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 28 18:25:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Robert A Munro wrote:

> You mentioned getting a Sony at Fry's.  Don't get a Sony.  They're full of
> odd proprietary devices that only "work" (er, sort of) under Windows
> because they don't have Linux drivers, e.g., PCMCIA stuff and WinModems.

   You might try telling this to the folks at EmperorLinux. They've been
selling Sony models with linux for several years now. Mine works just fine,
too.

   I had a couple of Toshiba laptops on which I installed linux. Both
installations went without problems and the machines did everything I
wanted or needed them to do.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)