[PLUG] Death in the open source community

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun May 29 16:53:35 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> Now it might be that most people don't give a shit what happens
Keith> to others after they pass away, perhaps because there is nobody
Keith> who cares about them or the information they maintain.  But the
Keith> open source community contains some very generous and
Keith> empathetic people, not just social misfit code jockeys, and it
Keith> is that empathy I am attempting to engage here.  What are we
Keith> going to do to protect our data, yet make it potentially
Keith> accessable to those we care about?

How about you define precisely the problem you are trying to solve
over on plug-talk.  It sounds like an "it hurts when I do that" kind
of problem, to which the answer comes pat: "so don't do that".

seniorr at aracnet.com