[PLUG] Re: More Hewlett-Packard Weirditude

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Sun May 29 17:47:30 UTC 2005

Russell Senior wrote:
> Robert> After all, Linus has an Apple desktop system, so it's gotta be
> Robert> so cool.  But I'm just kidding.  An iBook might be hard to get
> Robert> working with Linux.
>
> I am pretty sure Dan Young has an Apple laptop running Ubuntu and he
> seems pleased in an "it just works" kind of way.

Yeah, it is a 15" Powerbook. The built-in Broadcom wireless doesn't
work, but that's true for non-PPC also. I put an Orinoco in the PCMCIA
slot. I've never tried the modem. Everything else is hunky-dory.

I'd much rather have a somewhat lightweight laptop and non-seared thighs
than a 42 metric ton, 5.2 überHz "laptop".

Fedora Core 4 (due out RSN) will feature PPC as a 1st-tier platform also.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District