[PLUG] Grub with a new kernel

Michael D. Harris michael.harrisdmd at comcast.net
Mon May 30 02:48:30 UTC 2005

In the Linux Cookbook, it mentions that I will need QT for menuconfig.  I
couldn't make menuconfig so I assumed I was missing something.  I noticed in
my Gnome apt manager tool, that I could get the Qt development libraries if I
selected a 2.6.8 kernel, so I did that, but have not done anything else with
it.  I am assuming if I go through the same motions I will be able to make
menuconfig.  Then maybe move up to the 2.6.11 kernel.  Actually, I was only
after the 2.6 kernel because I heard it handles usb devices that attach
memory cards and such.

By the way, how would I go about getting the module-init-tools using apt-get?

My current settings and apt-sources are set to keep my Debian Sarge up to
date.

Thanks again,

Mike

--