[PLUG] mailman and spamassassin

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue May 31 17:35:31 UTC 2005

I run a few Mailman groups set up for subscriber-only posting.
That means that any incoming spam gets sent to the moderator (me)
for approval or discard.  In the past, this has not been a problem,
with all the other checks that are in place.

However, the spams are starting to sneak through, and some time in
the future I may have to add filtering so I am not bombarded with
moderator messages.  I would like to filter the moderator requests
only;  mail from legitimate subscribers should go through unhindered.

I know how to add spamassassin as a procmail prefilter for Mailman;
is there some clever way to use it on moderator requests only?  Since
the filtering needs to occur inside Mailman, and since there are plenty
of legitimate mails that should pass through to the moderator, I imagine
the answer is "no".  However, there are some smart people here...

Keith