[PLUG] debian packages question

Russ Gilman-Hunt gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 20:28:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 11:05 -0800, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 10:57:54AM -0800, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Aaron Burt wrote:
> >
> > >And unless you already have a special affinity for Sendmail, I
> > >implore you to use Exim (Debian's default MTA) or Postfix (another
> > >popular MTA).  It's much easier to configure them.

My affinity is ... like this. I've recompiled sendmail less than once a
year for the last ten years. I've worked with aliases, local host names,
reconfiguring those stupid hash databases in a rather rudimentary
fashion. On a scale of one to ten, I'm about a three when it comes to
sendmail.

However, that's more experience than I have with Exim or Postfix.

YAR