[PLUG] Has anyone written an open source viewer for Trimet schedules?

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:33:12 UTC 2005

# from Keith Lofstrom
# on Thursday 03 November 2005 06:16 pm:

>I plan to use the bus this weekend, and saw that Trimet has data
>files for a proprietary PDA viewer.  Of course, you have to get
>past a click-Agree-no-reverse-engineering EULA to get at the
>data files, which are at:

I had an exchange with one of their reps several months ago.  They
supposedly considered an open-source development but settled on
licensing this third-party system because it was cheaper.

And it certainly is.  The viewer still doesn't work with the standard
up/down buttons (I thought there was a palm widget for that.)  I also
get some fun lockups in not-quite-reproducible combinations of looking
at the schedule, clock, and home screen, depending I believe on the
phase of the moon, ambient temperature, and how late the train is
running at the time.

--Eric
--
Chicken farmer's observation:  Clunk is the past tense of cluck.