[PLUG] TCP window, how to adjust?

Eli Stair eli.stair at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 00:31:19 UTC 2005

In theory, if you set your TCP window size (or udp application handles
it properly) based on the BDP of pipe/rtt you should achieve as close
to possible of %100 of the (usable) bandwidth.  Basically, if you're
local you don't have to worry (unless you have thousands of clients
causing contention).  If you're running over long distance/latent
connection and you're not getting ~%95 of your bandwidth (presuming
you don't have a biased outbound flow clobbering ACK's), look up "BDP
tcp tuning" and for more info check the Web100.org

Cheers,

/eli