[PLUG] Tuning Netgear VFS-318

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 7 21:40:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> I was having a very similar problem and was certain it was one of my many
> cobbled switches.
> Turned out, I had a bad NIC in one of my machines that was somehow degrading
> the performance across the board.

Jeme,

   Would a defective NIC throttle transfers when they're passed directly
through the Netgear box but not when they go through a switch? Host-to-host
transfers now go through the switch and bypass the Netgear.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"