[PLUG] Open Source Access Driver

Ron Braithwaite ron at braithwaites.net
Tue Nov 8 21:11:41 UTC 2005

On Nov 8, 2005, at 12:57 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 12:51:06PM -0800, Ron Braithwaite wrote:
>> I have been looking on Freshmeat & Sourceforge & Google looking for
>> an Open Source MS Access driver. At this point, I don't care about R/
>> W, I just want to be able to get at an Acce$$ .MDB file to extract
>> the info and stuff into something usable.
>>
>> Anyone know of anything?
>
> Have you checked out MDB tools?  http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/
> I've been meaning to try it out.
>
> Also, I've heard a rumor that OpenOffice 2 supports Access databases.
>
> I'll be curious to know what works,

Thanks, I've grabbed it out of CVS and will play with it in between
dealing with realtors and banks.

OOo 2 does support Access on Windows. The Mac version doesn't support
it, unfortunately and that's what I need right now. I'll see if I can
get it to compile/run with Xcode.

-Ron

Ron Braithwaite
2015 NE 37th Ave