[PLUG] mysqlBind project?

Russ Gilman-Hunt gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 21:12:14 UTC 2005

One of the weak points in this application my new 'work' ( for lack of a
better word ) is how it handles named. Basically, the application is a
dynamic domain purchase and hosting provisioning thing. With every
purchase of a domain, this thing rewrites the /etc/named.conf file and
writes a new master file for the named demon, then restarts named.

You can imagine my worries if this thing ever gets the traffic they
would like to see.

But aside from those worries, it's kind of messy. For one thing, there's
a flaw somewhere in it (I think directly in a perl module) that causes
the named files to be written missing a space (for which I have to go in
and fix them): like ...(ipaddress)"IN ...

Eons ago, when I was still young, I recall something about hearings
someone make Bind work with Mysql; if I could have named take the
entries right out of the database, I would have one less point of
failure. And it might be easier to make sweeping changes like "change
all of these mail servers to this ip address."

Has anyone worked with the MysqlBind project from openISP* ? Anyone have
any other resources?

Yer help, as always, is appreciated.
-YAR

*Link:http://openisp.net/mysqlBind/