[PLUG] Web Access Problems

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Wed Nov 9 16:43:24 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Has anyone else encountered this inability to reach httpd servers? Is
> there
> anything I can do from here to resolve the issue? Obviously, mail and other
> 'Net services work just fine.

If you've narrowed the problem down to an inability to resolve domain
names, I would start figuring out what link in your DNS chain is down.
The possible culprits include your local configuration on your computer,
any local DNS services (like the local "dnscache"), and your ISP's DNS
servers.

What happens when you skip dnscache?

What happens if you try a different set of DNS servers?

What to DNS tools such as "dig" tell you about your ability to resolve
things at various levels?

Rob