[PLUG] Complex Search-and-Replace

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Thu Nov 10 20:35:10 UTC 2005

Aaron Burt wrote:
> Since this is, as you mentioned, a spam-blocking application, you may
> want to a) throw out all but the /32s; b) consider using one of the
> fine DNSBL services that do all this work for you for free; c) use
> the very cool temporary-blocklist firewall technique Randal Schwarz
> described at a recent AT.

Options a) and c) will not do much against spam sent to his personal email
account (without accompanying other, invalid addresses) so we should add
in d) deploy dspam, bogofilter or other intelligent spam learning ware.

--

   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity