[PLUG] [lug] Blackdog linux project (fwd)

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Sat Nov 12 21:31:00 UTC 2005

Bob Miller <kbob at jogger-egg.com> sent me a note about a contest
Blackdog is having.  I regarded it as SPAM and didn't forward it
to PLUG or anyone else.

However, it was interesting and now that I see a other people
have decided to forward it to mailing lists, I changed my mind.

So, what follows is sort of SPAM, but at least interesting SPAM.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:05:58 -0800
From: John Sechrest <sechrest at jas.peak.org>
To: lug at peak.org
Subject: [lug] Blackdog linux project

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 07 Nov 2005 16:05:05 -0800
Subject: [Eug-lug] [smccool at realmsys.com: Linux Applications Contest ? Win $50K]
From:    Bob Miller <kbob at jogger-egg.com>
To:      euglug at euglug.org

Technically, this is spam.  But it's interesting spam, so I'll
forward it to you.

- ----- Forwarded message from Steve McCool <smccool at realmsys.com> -----

From: Steve McCool <smccool at realmsys.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:51:12 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Linux Applications Contest ? Win $50K
To: "webmaster at euglug.org" <webmaster at euglug.org>
X-mail_abuse_inquiries: http://www.salesforce.com/us/customercare/abuse.jsp

Here is something I think your LUG will find interesting.

Project BlackDog Contest Begins - $50,000 Grand Prize to be Awarded

Realm Systems has announced the start of Project BlackDog, a skills contest offering prizes in five categories, including a $50,000 grand prize for the best application created or ported to run on BlackDog?.

BlackDog is a pocket-sized, self-contained server with a built-in biometric reader and Debian-based Linux operating system. Unlike any other mobile computing device, BlackDog contains its own processor, memory and storage, and is completely powered by the
 USB port of a host computer with no external power adapter required.

Complete contest rules, product information, and ordering information can be found at www.projectblackdog.com.

Regards,

Steve

Steve McCool