[PLUG] UPS for linux

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 06:31:04 UTC 2005

Hi:

I am hoping to get one of those UPS that would not
only protect against sudden power outage
but also automatically performs graceful shutdown.

I tried one earlier this year that had a Linux software
(using SNMP via serial interface to the UPS) but did not
work very well.  And their tech support was less than helpful.
I dropped the issue but I need to pick it up
again since I do really need one that works this time.

Can anyone suggest an UPS  with Linux control software to perform
graceful shutdown (that you have tried and happy to recommend)?

thanks

--Vincent