[PLUG] UPS for linux

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Nov 14 00:58:44 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 06:31 +0000, Vincent Yau wrote:

> Can anyone suggest an UPS  with Linux control software to perform
> graceful shutdown (that you have tried and happy to recommend)?

I recommend Network UPS Tools: http://www.networkupstools.org/ and any
of the supported UPS brands.  A note WRT APC: the low-end models, in
addition to being kinda lousy as a UPS, also tend to have USB monitor
interfaces, which when I checked a few months ago we're not as well
supported as the serial.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *