[PLUG] strange http requests

fh oregon linux at frankhunt.com
Mon Nov 14 02:15:13 UTC 2005

If you give your logs a good look, you will most likely find references
to all kinds of "stuff" in there.  I run a check daily looking for 404
errors with an associated .exe or .cgi or .pl associated with them.
These are caused by someone up to no good.  I trap their IP address and
exclude them from my web site from then on with the Deny <IP> directive.

Shaun Savage wrote:

> Does any know what prx.php and prx1.php are/do?  There is no file like
> that but I get  a lot of request for it.  The all get 404 response.

Frank Hunt
Confused Linux Admin