[PLUG] strange http requests

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Nov 14 16:27:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 07:18:41AM -0800, Shaun Savage wrote:
> one log is
>    GET http://www.search591.com/prx.php
> there are different hosts with different targets but that all are from a
> proxy

Yeah, I noticed this with my company's web server.  Another admin had
accidentally opened up a proxy and I'd had to close it a while ago,
but there were still lots of broadband-connected hosts (infected
Winders boxes, I 'spect) hitting various proxy-test and ISS exploit
URLs.

No real harm, except that it cluttered the logs.

--
A: No.
Q: Should I reply above the quoted text?