[PLUG] Undelete with Samba

David Fetter david.fetter at fetterconsulting.com
Mon Nov 14 22:12:38 UTC 2005

Newer versions of samba support some of the windows vfs object
specifications.  I used the following within the smb.conf for a client
to achieve a recyclebin function so that things aren't directly deleted
just as is normal operations under a windows desktop.

        # the options below are what will implement the recycle bin.
        vfs object = recycle
        recycle:repository = /recyclebin/%U
        recycle:touch = Yes
        recycle:keeptree = Yes
        recycle:versions = Yes
        recycle:noversions = *.tmp,*.temp,*.o,*.obj,*.TMP,*.TEMP
        recycle:exclude = *.tmp,*.temp,*.o,*.obj,*.TMP,*.TEMP
        recycle:excludedir = /recyclebin,/tmp,/temp,/TMP,/TEMP

--
David M. Fetter - http://www.fetterconsulting.com/

"The world is full of power and energy and a person can go far by just
skimming off a tiny bit of it." Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash