[PLUG] A Good Book for TCL/TK

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Fri Nov 18 04:16:14 UTC 2005

Yeah ... Tk isn't too bad, but Tcl is a ghastly scripting language. The
best book I've found so far on Tk is the big O'Reilly one on Perl/Tk.
Most of the other scripting languages duplicate the Perl interface, so,
for example, if you want to use Ruby, you'll still want the Perl/Tk book.

The big thing Tk has going for it is that it's ubiquitous, like Perl.
Instant GUI. But yes, there are much better looking GUI toolkits out
there. I'm partial to Qt because I'm also partial to KDE, and because
there's a really good book at Pragmatic Programmers on QT with Ruby. So
for the near term, that's the way I'm going.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com