[PLUG] VPN Server Information needed - Open VPN ?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Nov 18 19:13:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Mark Wills wrote:

> I'm looking for a "VPN server" for my work situation. Here's my wish
> list:

> Prefer open source solution.

> Conect to and from both Linux and Windows computers.

> Easy to use by end users.

The Linux 2.6 kernel series has a built-in IPSec implementation
enabled in most distributions' kernels. It gets managed with the
racoon(8) key-management daemon. Configuring the server side isn't
trivial, but "road warrior" clients should work pretty easily.

See http://ipsec-tools.sourceforge.net/ for overall information and
source code. See the Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
(esp. chapter 7) for configuration details:

   http://lartc.org/howto/

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com