[PLUG] End of an era

Dan Haskell danh at f2it.com
Fri Nov 18 21:04:43 UTC 2005

The best technical minds available tell us that the Linux Clinic turns ten
this month (earliest Usenet announcement found was November 1995.) In case
you don't, Eric, Paul, and I have been doing this gig for roughly nine of
those ten years - which is a long time. We're pretty burnt out and would
like a rest. Here's the deal, we plan on calling it quits after the
November session (which is tomorrow). If someone's interested in taking
over the Clinic, then please contact David Mandel. Remember, if you're
considering this, you need to find a new site.

Thanks to Paul Nelson for giving us access to Riverdale's computer labs
and for being there month after month to help. Thanks to Eric Harrison who
has been the technical heart and soul of the Clinic. Thanks to John Bruce
for spending all those Saturdays burning CDs for us.

Lastly, I would like to thank the many members of PLUG who took the time
to come down and help over the years. I would try to list all the people
who were especially helpful, but I don't want to insult anyone by leaving
them out. Thanks everyone!

Dan