[PLUG] UPS Education

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 00:32:28 UTC 2005

m0gely wrote:

> I'm just saying that it seems like you have a really simple need
> here.  Anyway, the link I provided was to a battery shop on 82nd.

True. It is a simple need. And we've pretty much decided that the simple
thing to do is to go to Office Depot and get a new unit. The old one is
probably nearing 5 years of age, and a new one will have a new warranty,
and cost around the same as a replacement battery. The only thing we
want to check is if the battery can handle startup current for the
monitor. We discovered that it couldn't handle it for a 17" View Sonic.
On the other hand, there's a note tacked under the monitor that
instructs my wife as to the Win-98 keystrokes needed to shut down the
computer if the monitor is off. She doesn't tend to leave programs
running if she shuts down the monitor, so this is a practical alternative.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/