[PLUG] A Plug for PLUG

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 20 16:50:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, AthlonRob wrote:

> I'll bet we're the only Linux/UNIX Group West of the Cascades.  Most all
> LUGs are Linux User Groups... we're in a minority of Linux/UNIX Groups.

   Ouch! It hurts to pick that nit. Ain't semantics wonderful?

   Actually, I well remember the meeting at which this was discussed and the
broader name officially adopted (well, as official as anything in PLUG). It
still makes sense when you look at the posts here from folks running *BSD,
Solaris, even AIX (at least, in the past).

> Google says we're the most popular Linux/UNIX Group.

   I'm confident that's due to the number of inane posts from me, and the
sometimes really hot flames they've attracted. :-)

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"