[PLUG] Software for IP Web cam

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 23:15:50 UTC 2005

I thought that getting an IP Web cam might be a neat
way to avoid the compatibility problem, but I was only
partially correct. It is set up in Windows and can be
accessed by any OS after that, using its IP address.

Although it is supposed to work with Linux, the
browser specified for Windows is MSIE with Active-X
controls enabled. When the program is invoked in the
Web browser with MSIE, one has the option of recording
the output from the Webcam. This option, however, is
apparently not available in Linux. Does anyone know of
Linux-based software that supports this capability for
IP Web cams?

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/