[PLUG] migrating to new uid/gid

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 25 22:04:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I've looked at /etc/gshadow and the numeric gid is not present, so I don't
> think this should be necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong.

galen,

   I cannot say. But, I recall from a long time ago that it is prudent to
unconvert the /etc/passwd file before modifying existing entries, and to
reconvert it when done. I've just done this when I've had to futz with the
file.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"