[PLUG] Netgear Closes Support Request Without Response

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 26 21:11:27 UTC 2005

   Back on November 5 I entered an on-line request for technical support for my
Netgear VFS318's lack of intranet transfer speed. On November 15th I not only
added a second request for help to the open case file, but I called their
India support and actually spoke with a person. That person promised to have
someone contact me within 1-2 business days.

   Now I get a request from that company to give them feedback on their
support service. But, no one ever replied to my request for help and they've
closed the case! Two requests from me for warranty help, no response from the
company, and they just mark the case as completed and closed. I'm more than
majorly annoyed and put off by this.

   Monday I will try to contact someone, probably David Soares (Sr. VP of
Worldwide Sales and Support) in Santa Clara. If they won't help me, I toss
this trash away and try to find a firewall appliance that will actually work.
This is the second VFS318 in succession that has failed.

   Anyone have suggestions for an affordable, quality solution?

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"