[PLUG] Re: Netgear Closes Support Request Without Response

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 27 01:48:13 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Keith Morse wrote:

> The routerboard 500 has what appears to be 3 ethernet interfaces and
> slots for mini-pci cards.

Keith,

    I need to plug in seven cat5 cables.

> Maybe another alternative would be the linksys wrt54g with an alternate
> firmware loaded such as OpenWRT.

    I have a LinkSys Wireless-G access point we use for one portable. I greatly
appreciate your ideas.

    My expectation is that I'll get Netgear to do something by speaking with
someone in the executive suite (or cubicle row). Companies like that don't
like negative word-of-mouth advertising. I'm quite bothered by their
arrogance in not responding, closing the ticket, then asking me to rate the
service ... the non-existent service. I also don't like to throw away $130.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"