[PLUG] Access Points...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sat Nov 19 00:43:03 UTC 2005

I have an antenna that connects to my Linux client's wireless
card via an LMR 400 cable terminated with a male rp-sma
connector.

I want to move the client into another room, but I can't
move the antenna.  So, I figure, replace the computer
with a little wireless transmitter/receiver.

I am wondering how to search for this on E-Bay.  What's an
access point verses a router?  Can you get the equivalent
of a 10/100baseTX ethernet hub for 802.11b networks?  I
don't think I need a firewall box and I don't need
cable/DSL connectivity.

I'm interested in something in the $20-$30 range.

Another option is to see about extending the monitor,
keyboard, and mouse 20-30' through conduit into the other
room.

     --  Michael C. Robinson