[PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: October PLUG Meeting

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 3 03:04:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, David Mandel wrote:

>                             MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
>
>                                 PRESENTATION
>
>                               A Discussion of
>                      HP Open Source Printing Activities
>
>                                      by
>
>                                 John Oleinik
>                            <john.oleinik at hp.com>
>                      HP Linux Printing Program Manager
>
>      John says,
>      "The topic I would like to cover is HP Open Source Printing
>      activities.   HP's entire Linux Printing team sits here in
>      Vancouver, Washington.  I would like to talk about our activities
>      and about potential collaboration on solving Linux printing
>      issues that PLUG members may run into."

   Since I cannot make this meeting, I'd greatly appreciate someone asking
John when they'll provide firmware updates that can be applied from a linux
system. Specifically, for the Professional Series 2500C. Each time the techs
told me a problem would be solved by a firmware upgrade I discovered that it
could be done only from a machine running Microsoft. One tech admitted that
their printer firmware could not be upgraded by those running their own
computer systems with HP-UX as the OS.

Feh!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"