[PLUG] PLUG business card

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Oct 3 18:45:13 UTC 2005

Sometimes people ask about PLUG - or don't run away fast enough
when I tell them about it :-) .   Rather than hunting down a scrap
of paper for the URL, it would be quicker to hand them a business
card with useful pointers and info.  Who would be interested in
buying some from me (at cost) if I had some printed up?

Two thousand color, double-sided cards from Overnightprints.com
costs $90 or so.  I've used them a few times before.  The quality
is good - if you proof them correctly!

I was thinking about a card with a group photo of us on the
front, partly whited out, with "PLUG" and "www.pdxlinux.org"
overlaid in large black letters.   Perhaps someone has a large
inflatable Tux, or perhaps we GIMP the Tux+Umbrella logo into
the photo.

On the back, a smaller print listing of the meetings when&where,
with a disclaimer to check the website in case they change.  We've
been fairly regular about times and venues, though Murphy says
something will change as soon as we print cards :-/

Of course, I would put the digital proofs up on the web (as pdfs)
before I sent in the order.

I can bring a digital camera Thursday, and if you doesn't want
to appear in the photo, that's OK, you can hold the camera.

Does this interest people?

Keith