[PLUG] #$%^&* automounting of CD-RW

Jason R. Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:10:45 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> wrote:
> I've looked and looked and can't find or come up with the correct
> combination of settings to get a "Fedora Core 4 - KDE" install from
> automounting the DVD/CD burner when I insert a blank CD-RW.

Is it actually mounting it?  On FC4 with Gnome inserting a blank disk
is recognized by Nautilus and it looks "mounted" but it isn't
actually, rather the fake device shows up to allow drag-n-drop
burning.  If the disk is actually blank I didn't think it was possible
to truely mount it, since there's no filesystem on a blank CD.

But I could be wrong :-)

Jason