[PLUG] #$%^&* automounting of CD-RW

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:28:53 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> wrote:

> I've looked and looked and can't find or come up with the correct
> combination of settings to get a "Fedora Core 4 - KDE" install from
> automounting the DVD/CD burner when I insert a blank CD-RW.
>
> I Inherited system so I don't _really_ know what was done during the
> install.

I just uninstall the automounter, there is "autorun" for KDE, Gnome's one is
"magicdev" or some other piece of "magic". RPM can be uninstalled with no
other dependencies.

Other than just-take-the-line-out of /etc/fstab ( which I still have to

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com