[PLUG] #$%^&* automounting of CD-RW

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Oct 5 17:59:31 UTC 2005

Fedor Pikus wrote:
> On 10/5/05, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> wrote:
>
>>I've looked and looked and can't find or come up with the correct
>>combination of settings to get a "Fedora Core 4 - KDE" install from
>>automounting the DVD/CD burner when I insert a blank CD-RW.
>>
>>I Inherited system so I don't _really_ know what was done during the
>>install.
>

> I just uninstall the automounter, there is "autorun" for KDE, Gnome's one is
> "magicdev" or some other piece of "magic". RPM can be uninstalled with no
> other dependencies.

Problem is I want my cake and to eat it too.  There is also a DVD/CDROM
in the system and I kind of like it automounting when I stick a DVD/CD
into it.

Did some more looking and tried making changes to /etc/auto.misc to look
at the correct device but still no joy.

autorun in KDE is next.

Thanks for the clue-stick.

Rod