[PLUG] RAID5 suggestions

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:51:38 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Scott Van Hoosen <svanhoosen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How would you folks set up your drives with redudancy and best use of
> drive space?

A friend of mine just set up a raid-5 server using software raid with
one large partition on each disk (and a small, non-raided but manually
mirrored boot partition on each drive). He then used some combination
of lvm + xfs to repartition that huge raid partition.

End result is raid-5 with software, and he can dynamically resize
partitions (no remounting required).

If you want more details, I can put you two in contact..

--Rogan