[PLUG] Two screen presentation software

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:45:08 UTC 2005

# from Jason R. Martin
# on Saturday 08 October 2005 01:01 pm:

>Hmm, this will require some experimentation.  My laptop has an Nvidia
>graphics chip in it, and I'm not sure how the second display is
>exported.

On my (desktop) ge-force 4 card, the X config looks like so:

#########
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "NVIDIA GeForce4 0"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "TI4600"
    BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
        Option        "UseInt10Module" "on"
    Screen      0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "NVIDIA GeForce4 1"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "TI4600"
    BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
    Screen      1
EndSection
#########

According to XF86Config-4, the "Screen" value is mandatory for cards
that can drive more than one display.  The BusID entries are because
I'm using a second card for the third head.

IIRC, the matrox cards are setup slightly differently, but it's been too
long since I've messed with those.

--Eric
--
As an old bass player friend of mine used to say: throw money, don't
clap.