[PLUG] Working with PDF's

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 16:15:03 UTC 2005

--- "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb at cesmail.net>
wrote:

> How about Scribus?
>
> Robert Kopp wrote:
>
> >This is one of those "101" questions (I hope). Is
> >there a Linux application that will manipulate
> pdf's
> >in a somewhat similar manner to Acrobat 7
> Professional?

I've heard about that. What I need to do is convert
.doc to .pdf and then arrange the pages to look like a
booklet, so the printer can use it in that form. Why
.doc? Because a Webmaster puts my soft copy on the
Web, and claims he can't use anything else. If he
doesn't do the Web authoring, I'll have to do it
myself.

Adobe 7 Professional does this--that is, you can
clickbookize the pages. However, if you want to get a
legal copy of Adobe instead of risking identity theft,
with your friendly neighborhood (?--usually in Russia)
Warez shoppe, it will set you back.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/