[PLUG] ATI 9250 Sapphire Drivers

Alexander Case alex.case at verizon.net
Fri Oct 14 17:50:23 UTC 2005

Russ Johnson wrote:

> Alexander Case wrote:
>
>> my graphics card is an ATI 9250 Sapphire. I am aware that ATI
>> graphics cards have had pretty poor Linux Driver support, so I wasn't
>> suprised that I hadn't found any.
>

> I'm running that same card in my system, and Mandrake 10.1, Mandriva
> 2005 and 2006 all work out of the box.
>
> I suspect Fedora will too.
>
> Give it a try.

Alrighty then. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Just one more thing - I've been trying to get the latest version of
Firefox (1.5 Beta 2) installed on the computer I'm running Fedora Core
on in class. To make a long story short - I can't. They don't have an
actual install file (at least one that works), and ./configure isn't
working either. What am I doing wrong? And has anyone else had this
problem. They do have, basically, all the program files in there, so you
can unpack the file in your home directory and then run it normally.
However, I'd like to have something more... practical than downloading
and unpacking it over, and over, and over again, if I were running it on
a network - which is, in part, why I am taking the class - because my
major is "Network and Microcomputer Specalist", and I'd like to know
what to do in a network enviroment with this situation. Any suggestions?

--
Mon canard est en feu!!