[PLUG] Announcement: Linux Clinic this Saturday

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 16:12:33 UTC 2005

Adobe Reader 7.0 aborts the installation with an error message
that it requires a 32-bit OS, therefore I cannot install it on my
Ubuntu-64 distro. Someone on this list said he had it running on a
64-bit distro using chroot. I've googled and read all I could find
about chroot, but I couldn't figure out the instructions. Its purpose
seems to be something other than what I want to use it for.

So if I go to the clinic today, is there likely to be a guru there who
knows how to get chroot working? It's so much easier to figure
something out in a hands-on environment!