[PLUG] Global broadband charges

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Tue Oct 18 13:12:54 UTC 2005

From:
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2005/10/18/broadband/index.html

  Free American broadband!

  In France, you can get super-fast DSL, unlimited phone service and 100
  TV channels for a mere $38 a month. Why does the same thing cost so much
  more in the U.S.?

  By S. Derek Turner

  Oct. 18, 2005 | Next time you sit down to pay your cable-modem or DSL
  bill, consider this: Most Japanese consumers can get an Internet
  connection that's 16 times faster than the typical American DSL line for
  a mere $22 per month.

  Across the globe, it's the same story. In France, DSL service that is 10
  times faster than the typical United States connection; 100 TV channels
  and unlimited telephone service cost only $38 per month.

If you don't subscribe to Salon you'll need to get a one day pass by
viewing a full page ad for something on the way in.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity