[PLUG] No /proc/acpi

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 18 20:19:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Jason R. Martin wrote:

> If the BIOS in your system is older than (by default 2001) ACPI will be
> disabled by default, you'll need acpi=force on the kernel command line.
> Check your boot messages (dmesg) for a line like this:
>
> BIOS age (2000) fails cutoff (2001), acpi=force is required to enable ACPI

Jason,

   No message like that, but some other ones related to PCI. Anywho, I added
the "acpi=force" to the append line and it works.

   Is there a translator from milliwatt-hours to time that can be applied to
/proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state?

   This is great! I'm learning a lot more about my system, and I'm actually
getting some work done today, too. How kewel!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"